The confrontation


翻译:starpieces



Javert:
Valjean, at last,
冉阿让,终于
We see each other plain
我们坦诚相对
M'sieur le Mayor,
市长先生
You'll wear a different chain!
您将戴上另一副镣铐

Valjean:
Before you say another word, Javert
在此之前,沙威
Before you chain me up like a slave again
在你又一次把我像奴隶般铐起来之前
Listen to me! There is something I must do.
听我说,有些事我必须亲自去做
This woman leaves behind a suffering child.
这位女士留下一个受尽苦难的孩子
There is none but me who can intercede,
眼下只有我能救她免于困境
In Mercy's name, three days are all I need.
发发慈悲吧,我只求宽限三天
Then I'll return, I pledge my word.
然后我就会回来,我言出必行
Then I'll return...
我一定会回来

Javert:
You must think me mad!
你是不是以为我疯了?!
I've hunted you across the years
我追捕你这么些年
A man like you can never change
你这种人绝不会改变
A man such as you.
像你这种人

Valjean (in counterpoint):
Javert (in counterpoint):
Believe of me what you will || Men like me can never change
无论你是,信或不信 || 生而如我,本性难移
There is a duty that I'm sworn to do || Men like you can never change
承诺所在,我必须兑现 || 生而如你,本性难移
You know nothing of my life || No, 24601
我的人生,你一无所知 || 不,24601
All I did was steal some bread || My duty's to the law - you have no rights
我不过仅仅,偷了些面包 || 我捍卫法律——你无权反抗
You know nothing of the world || Come with me 24601
对这世道,你一无所知 || 跟我来吧,24601
You would sooner see me dead || Now the wheel has turned around
不久之后,或将闻我死讯 || 事到如今,形势调转
But not before I see this justice done || Jean Valjean is nothing now
但那之前,正义必得伸张 || 冉阿让已,不值一文
I am warning you Javert || Dare you speask to me of crime
我警告你,警告沙威 || 你竟胆敢,提及犯罪
I'm a stronger man by far || And the price you had to pay
我远比你,强壮有力 || 所作所为,因果必报
There is power in me yet || Every man is born in sin
宝刀未老,剑未出鞘 || 世上人人,生而有罪
My race is not yet run || Every man must choose his way
只是尚且,隐忍不发 || 世间万民,择其人生
I am warning you Javert || You know nothing of Javert
我警告你,警告沙威 || 你不懂我,不懂沙威
There is nothing I won't dare || I was born inside a jail
没有什么,我不敢做 || 我也生于,长于监狱
If I have to kill you here || I was born with scum like you
如果必须,杀你开路 || 看惯败类,人渣如你
I'll do what must be done! || I am from the gutter too!
说到做到,绝不手软 || 我也同样,出身底层

[Valjean breaks a chair and threatens Javert with the broken piece. Turns to Fantine.]

Valjean (to Fantine):
And this I swear to you tonight
今夜我向你起誓

Javert: (to Valjean):
There is no place for you to hide
你已经无处可逃

Valjean:
Your child will live within my care
我会照顾你的孩子

Javert:
Wherever you may hide away
不论你藏匿何方

Valjean:
And I will raise her to the light.
我会将她抚育成人

Valjean:
I swear to you, I will be there!
我发誓,我一定做到
Javert:
I swear to you, I will be there!
我发誓,我都将到场

[They fight, Javert is knocked out. Valjean escapes.]